Recommended Equipment List for Peru Treks
This is a basic packing list. These items are essential to ensure trekkers' comfort and safety.
- Day pack
- Broken-in comfortable hiking boots
- Rain gear (ponchos or full rain gear)
- Lightweight hiking pants or shorts (pants recommended)
- Breathable lightweight top-wear
- Comfortable shoes / flip-flops
- Cold weather jacket
- Long-sleeve fleece / sweater
- Wool hat
- Sport hat (baseball style or sombrero style outdoor hat)
- Comfortable hiking socks (4 pairs at least)
- Insect repellent
- Bathing suit
- Casual mountain wear for evenings
- Photo/video cameras & chargers
- Trekking poles (mlp provides quality wooden walking sticks)
- Refillable water bottle
- Compact, light-weight binoculars
- We appreciate no hard suitcases; soft-sided bags and /or backpacks (“soft” luggage) are recommended.
- Sleeping bags are not required as the lodges provide ample bedding.
- We provide a limited amount of hair-dryers at each lodge, due to limitations in energy supply and environmental concerns.