Itz'ana Belize Resort & Residences
Wayward whimsy and an adventurous spirit are welcome at Itz'ana Belize Resort & Residences in Placencia.
Itz’ana is the perfect base camp to everything wild and wonderful in Belize. Whether you’re better suited seeking jaguars in the wild or sunshine aboard a sailboat, the adventures await.
Itz’ana is situated where reef meets rainforest, and life meets luxury. Our amenities are intended to satisfy your every whim. From sparkling pools and a pampering spa to an organic garden and inspiring adventures, Itz’ana invites you to relax, explore, and repeat.
Itz'ana Belize Resort believes the greatest luxuries in life are those we create ourselves — appreciating the world that surrounds us and making each moment in it meaningful.
And in Belize, we are richly spoiled with opportunities for such moments. The culture, the heritage, and the pristine natural environment in which Itz’ana exists, are luxuries that cannot be bought, but they can be experienced.
That’s why Itz'ana are committed to a new brand of luxury—one that not only inspires, but takes action as well.
Our mission is to not only sustain the beauty of our natural surroundings, but add to it, giving back to the community, its people, as well as our environment.
Limilia Restaurant at Itz'ana celebrates the diversity and abundance of the area, with a nod to the Garifuna, its original inhabitants. With views of the pool and beach from both our indoor and outdoor dining rooms, Limilia awakens the senses beyond the palate.
The seasonal, seafood-focused fare highlights locally sourced ingredients, including vegetables from our organic farm as well as fresh fish line-caught by our on-staff fisherman.
Itz'ana Belize Resort and Residences Accommodations:
Adjoining the pool, the Deluxe Suite is an oasis for solace seekers. Private indoor and outdoor spaces, luxurious appointments, and carefully considered details make every moment spent here worthwhile.
Dreamy outside and in, our Beachfront Suite is everything you never knew you needed. From luxurious interiors to a private wraparound terrace on the beach, these accommodations won’t give you a reason to leave.
One Bedroom Beachfront Loft
The One Bedroom Beachfront Loft is a secluded retreat for couples. With sweeping sea views, instant access to the beach, all the necessities, and thoughtful touches, this is the vacation home you have been searching for.
Two Bedroom Penthouse
The Two Bedroom Penthouse is designed for small families and couples looking to have it all. Sweeping views and expansive spaces come together in a luxuriously appointed getaway, complete with a huge outdoor balcony with private plunge pool.
One Bedroom Solar Cottage
Perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway, our one-bedroom waterfront solar cottages balance luxury with the natural beauty of Belize. These energy-efficient cottages offer waterfront and upstairs sun decks for you to enjoy your morning coffee before exploring Placencia.
- Adventures at Itz'ana Belize Resort and Residences:
- Sail & Snorkel - Climb aboard a 40-foot catamaran and set sail on the crystal-clear waters of Belize’s Southern Marine Reserve. Discover your adventurous side as the anchor is dropped and you snorkel among shoals of colorful fish and swim with barracuda, rays, and turtles. Or you can stay on the boat and admire the vibrant underwater life of the second largest barrier reef in the world.
- Dive the Barrier Reef - Explore Belize’s Grand Channel with a trip to the Belize Barrier Reef, only 14 miles offshore. After a 40-minute boat ride to your dive site, you will see a wide variety of sea life, including sea turtles, moray eels, barracuda, king mackerel, eagle rays, stingrays, manta rays, and, at times, hammerhead sharks, jewfish, and dolphins. This diver’s playground gives you front-row access to the most exotic sea life you can imagine.
- Cook Your Catch - Departing from our marina, this escapade epitomizes adventure! Sail through the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean, passing picture-perfect islands. Your voyage then pauses as you catch little sprats for bait. After practicing the technique of throwing a cast net, you’ll continue to the captain’s favorite fishing spot. There, you’ll test your luck, perhaps bringing in the “big one” of the day. Then you’ll head to Limilia, where our chefs will transform your catch into the perfect bite.
- Paddle Boarding - When surf’s down, SUP is up. Easy to learn and love, stand-up paddle boarding is the perfect way to spend the day on the water without catching waves. The entire family can paddle out for a mellow adventure together on the calm Caribbean.
- Kayak Tours - Join our guided kayak tour and explore both sides of the Placencia Peninsula, from lagoon to sea. First, you’ll paddle through mangroves and amongst manatees as you head down and around the tip of the peninsula, where the charming village of Placencia welcomes you for a visit. Continuing on into the Caribbean Sea, you’ll paddle to secluded beaches and caves as you make your way back up the coast, where Itz’ana awaits.
- Whale Shark Diving/Snorkeling - Between April and June, majestic whale sharks migrate into the Gladden Spit and Silk Cayes Marine Reserve, with divers and snorkelers following suit. If you visit Placencia in the spring, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to swim alongside these enormous and gentle creatures, which can easily be the size of a school bus.
- Rappel & Zipline - Start your morning with an invigorating hike to the top of Antelope Falls, and enjoy a breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea. Then start your way down on foot before rappelling 300 to 500 feet to the base. After the first zip, you’ll savor a delicious, traditional Belizean meal. Then you’ll zip down again for a mile and a half, on the longest zipline in Belize.